Sunday, January 24, 2016

1 Year Anniversary

1 year ago today I arrived in Ankara, Turkey, to study for a semester at Bilkent University. Looking back at the entire experience, I cannot believe that it was only for 4 months. 4 months seems like such a short time in the big scheme of life, but at the time, it felt long, at times in a monotonous way and at times in an exciting, vibrant, full of life way.

As I continue to reflect on those 4 months of living in a different country, I am amazed at how much I did get to experience in such a short time and how much I got to see and learn. From the Black Sea to the Mediterranean, from the plateau of Cappadocia to the rivers near Pamukkale, from the Hittites to the Ottomans, I love Turkey with all its history and natural beauty. I feel so blessed to have been able to call it home for 4 months. It will always have a special place in my heart.

Over the next few days/weeks, I will be posting highlights from the trip that my family and I took last May through Turkey and Greece, as I never let you experience the joy of traveling with my family. Stay tuned for many laughs and beautiful pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment